First goal is 70kg. Final goal is 60kg

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Getting Strong

77.4 kg

My doctor told me I need to lose weight. I should be at least 65kg but even after years of changing my habits I struggle to lose weight. Early August I visited a personal trainer recommended by my doctor. It was very useful. I learnt that I should be pushing myself a lot harder in cardio sessions and also found that I could push myself without hurting myself . I diligently followed the three times a week interval routine for three weeks then started my own program of 5 days cardio and 3 days weights as a basic plan. I change my routines around regularly to keep up the improvement .

I have increased my workout time from 25 mins to 50 mins each day over the past weeks. I have even included an extra 20 min walk some afternoons and I have spent lots of my computer time standing up with the laptop or iPad up on the bar.

I eat a healthy breakfast, lots of veges and fruit, nuts, fish, eggs and some red meat as well as some ice cream and chocolate. I think I could put more effort into avoiding some kJ but I probably eat about 8000. kJ a day. I also thought that with all the extra exercise I would have started losing some weight but would you believe I went from 76.4 to 77.4.

Oh well. I have come to love pushing myself after the 9 weeks I have been working out. I am stronger and fitter and will keep going. I have found that exercising more helps to reduce the need for sugars. One day I hope to report a reduction in weight.

I have been doing weights for 3 or 4 years now. I started routines using only 1kg dumb bells now I do more reps and more sets with 5kg dumb bells. I am definitely stronger.

My role model is Lesley Maxwell. She is almost my age and looks great. I will get there. I want to look great by December this year.

Happy exercising,

Val

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. G'day Val. You will be so fit and fabulous before you know it, though I am sure you are all of that already. It's a bit disheartening when you do all that work and eat right and the scales go up instead of down, but think of the good it is doing you. Maybe you've lost centimeters since you started and it's not showing up as a weight loss on the scales.Do you keep a record of your measurements? Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your are doing great, I would be over the moon to get to your weight but will aim to 80kg as that would be great for my height
    have been struggling many years with my weight and have finally turned a corner but will have to do more exercise :(((

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muscle weighs more than fat. With all your exercising I bet you are getting leaner, don't worry about the scale it will come around.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate positive comments.