First goal is 70kg. Final goal is 60kg

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cravings

76.2kg 15th Oct

I did really well yesterday til I got to dinner time and I had to have two pieces of toast with peanut butter. I think of this as a wild break out but it only brought me up to 6200kJ for the day. I still lost weight for this morning's weigh in.
Today I thought I would have a big breakfast of banana pikelets. This means I have two snacks as well of two and a half pikelets each. With rice and sweet and sour chicken for lunch and rice and curried egg for dinner today's total is 4650kJ. I will use the rest to have a coffee or jam on my pikelets and I still have to eat the pears.
I put 76.2 in my graph and it is good to see the weight graph slide a bit closer to the goal graph with this new entry. My table is weekly weights for each Sunday. I can put in each day in the Sunday spot and see how I am going. It is the Sunday weight that counts so I am trying to get to 76. I have today and Saturday.
It is interesting how strong the urge is to eat more than you plan. I know the body likes the status quo and will try to keep a stasis with weight as it does with temperature. 1/2 a kilo a week is a pretty fast change for the body and I feel that it is nothing to do with will power when I have to eat more. But keeping around the 6000kJ mark even when we eat too much stops us from putting weight on.
We watched the show about the top three weight loss programs and the doctor interviewed said that 95% of people put their weight back on in 5 years. I feel like I can maintain this way of eating for ever. We haven't changed our shopping list, we still eat the same food as before but we count the kilojoules and plan. It is not a diet but it is a healthy eating plan. I will never put the weight back on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate positive comments.